Monday 6 August 2012

Summer update

Apologies again for not blogging as much as I used to. This summer has proved to be another difficult one. After being told I didn't need eye surgery in my left eye again, relief, my consultant offered to operate on my right eye. I had the same problem in both eyes the result of which was similar to having a cataract  The operations results have been great, I can see more clearly now, colour is much more vibrant and close to my vision seems a lot better after both operations, this year and last. It was never going to make my vision any better but get my vision back to what it was 10 years ago.

So since both ops I can now read news paper print again with out struggling and paint my finger nails, not sure about toe nails that might be a leap too far :-)

There is a draw back though and that is the uveitis I've developed in both eyes and the cystoid macular oedema I had in my left eye. I'm taking anti inflammatory eye drops in one eye and steroids in the other. The uveitis causes pain, redness and light sensitivity but I'm back to see my consultant on Wednesday.

Reading and definitely computer work makes the pain in my eye worse so I've been getting very bored whilst I wait for it to get better. I've tried to do things to keep me occupied like watching the Olympics and going for walks and I'm hoping that this won't go on for much longer!

hile I'm not able to write much I'll continue posting links to my photos on Flickrr here.

No comments: