Saturday 19 May 2012

River walk 19th May

Purple flowersMy new friendsTasty blossomCow on the moveBlossom and cowTiny flower
BenchRiver after fallen tree was removedTree in field no longer water loggedCow parsleyBlue flowersYellow flowers

River walk 19th May, a set on Flickr.

Two weeks ago I went for a walk down the Ivel river just after the heavy rain we had in late April / early May. There was a lot of flooding and I took quite a few photos.

Today I went back to see how the flooding had affected the river bank and fields I also took quite a few photos.

The river levels are back to normal and is moving very swiftly. The weir has been cleared of the rubbish that I photographed, which is good.

The wild plants and flowers are flourishing after all the rain; the cow parsley is over 5 ft tall in some places. The water meadows are no longer water logged and butter cups are swathed across the grass.

I didn't see any water fowl but came across some greedy blossom eating cows. They weren't scared of me at all but I tried to not get too close and talked to them softly as I took photos with my telephoto lens.

I then went to sit on a bench a little way away from the cows but they stalked over to me appearing at the end of my bench, grinning like two old ladies. Yes I swear they are grinning in the photo I took of them. They were lovely but the flies surrounding them wre not!

I'll try and visit the river twice a month o track it through the year.

No comments: