Thursday 3 May 2012

I love radio

I've always loved listening to the radio. I was brought up listening to the Archers, Terry Wogan's Breakfast Show, Strve Wright in the Afternoon, the afternoon play and Woman's Hour.

I even used to record my own radio shows on to cassette when I was little. I called it Nutty Radio. I'd interview my brother, pretend to be Delia Smith reading out recipes or just natter away to myself and my friends.

I got the chance to do some plays for Hospital Radio when I was a teenager and even got my own show "Nat's Indie Hour" on a Christmas charity radio station when I was 17.

Now I spend most of the day listening to the radio alternating between BBC 6 Music and 5 Live.

So the other day when I was contacted by local DJ Nick Coffer and asked if I'd go on his afternoon show to talk about "stuff" I was ecstatic! The premise for the show is to get local people talking.



The empty radio studio

I had a nightmare journey to Luton where 3 Counties Radio is located but once there I was made to feel very welcome and relaxed.

The other local person joining me for the first hour of chat was Faith pictured below. I'd not met Faith before but we hit it off. It's hard not to warm to Faith with her lovely North Caroline accent, her calmness and positivity. Faith has a great blog where she shares inspirational stories and advice to and about people, especially women who are trying to achieve their dreams. You can find her site at www.greatsmitten.com



We talked about all kinds of stuff, how we met our husbands, mental health and what defines people, my disability work, being positive and lots more. You can listen to it here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001d7nr just click on the iPlayer bar on the right of the screen and select the 1st May show. I'm on for the first hour of the show. You've got until 8th May to listen to it.

Below if a picture of Nick in the studio. I had such fun, met some lovely people and it's really put a spring in my step this week.

No comments: