Tuesday 15 May 2012

Nature walk, baking and the story of a scarf

On Saturday the cold wet rainy weather subsided for a lovely day of sun. Our weather has been so bad lately that I've felt like I'm living in one of those historical novels I read set in medieval times when they had nothing but rain for years. Anyway Saturday was sunny but not particularly warm. We went to the RSPB lodge at Sandy nature reserve. We had a lovely walk taking photos of squirrels, bluebells, insects and trees. We heard a cuckoo even though it doesn't feel at all like spring it must be if we've heard a cuckoo! below is a photo of a log I took with a fly on it.
On Sunday I did some gardening planting some campanula and pansies in my border. I also spent some time completing the scarf pictured below which I posted to my friend Lorraine today. I like to think of the journey my humble scarf has been on. I've been knitting it for about a week and I've been knitting on the train, at the hospital, in local coffee shops and at home watching TV. It's a well travelled scarf and each knot captures a second in time. If the scarf could tell its story it would be full of train journeys, coffee cups, hospital waiting rooms, Scandinavian crime dramas and scifi films!
Today I used up some old bananas to make banana muffins. Hopefully they'll taste ok but I'm waiting for Jase to get home before trying them!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Delightful!
I love the idea of Lorraine's scarf having all that personal history in it. I'll have to start thinking of my knitting like that too.
Love the sound of your nature walk too and the tasty muffins!
xx