Monday 23 January 2012

Winter walk

Just a quick update; I've been very busy with work at Disability Rights UK since new year. It's good to be busy though, keeps me out of mischief.

I was at Moorfields hospital again last week for a follow up appointment. Since Christmas my eye has been less painful but not completely pain free. I'd also been experiencing a strange type of double vision which appeared like ghosting on an old TV set. It was particularly bad around bright things like when at the cinema or street & head lights. Anyway my consultant said that it was caused by internal inflammation of my eye caused by bits of lens debris (the stuff I had removed last year - except some escaped.) I've got to take steroid eye drops for the next couple of months and if the lens matter doesn't get reabsorbed by the eye then I'll have to have another op. Ho hum.

Yesterday I decided to go exploring across the public footpaths that lead virtually from our front door across the fields. I took the photo below of a tree I passed on the walk, I've only seen it from a distance from our bedroom window before :-) It was a lovely winter walk though a bit blustery.

No comments: