Tuesday 3 January 2012

Happy New Year!

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

2011 was a tough year for me but also a fantastic year;
I had 2 eye operations and around 6 weeks of not being able to see out of my left eye which was a hard thing to cope with, but
I also got married and went on a fabulous honeymoon!

So 2011 was challenging and rewarding in equal measure so I'm now looking forward to a change in 2012. Maybe a quieter year...

I'm not one for new year's resolutions, why only make changes at this time of the year? But this year I think I will make some resolutions. I don't like negative resolutions where you say I won't do this I won't do that. So I'm trying to make positive resolutions.

I will eat more healthily and exercise more
I will spend money more wisely
I will be more thankful for all my blessings
I will relax more and take things more slowly
I will write more often on my blog and creatively

Those are my resolutions, I'll come back to them later in the year and see if I'm sticking to them.

Cat update!

I'll finish my post with a photo of our two new cats Lumpy and Kasumi. I took the photo a couple of days ago. They still like sleeping at the top of the stairs at night. They have really settled in well. Kasumi has come out of her shell and loves having a fuss made of her, she was ever so brave when Jason's friend Mike came round on New Year's Day, she came straight up to him for a stroke and a tummy tickle! Lumpy greets us with a little chirruping miaow and follows me around the house in the day. At night the two cats play in the living room often chasing each other as well as their toys!


No comments: