Saturday 30 July 2011

clouds like fire

clouds like fire by Happy Salmon
clouds like fire, a photo by Happy Salmon on Flickr.

I took this photo earlier in the week - if you click on the link to flickr you can look at the whole set which I took of the sunset. I took them on Sunday last week I think. It was definitely when Jason's parents were staying with us. We had just had dinner and looking out of our dining room window at the front of the house I noticed some pink clouds. Within a few minutes the pinks had turned to reds. It was quite spectacular.

I might try and do some art work with my pastels based on theses pictures of the sky.

I was extremely glad that I was able to take these pictures and enjoy the sky whilst being able to see again after my op last Friday.

The eye surgery went well although it was another very long day at the hospital. Nearly 11 hours of waiting. This time I found the anaesthetic a lot worse. Not sure why but I felt more groggy and found it harder to get over it at the weekend. The actual trauma to my eye was a lot less this time though. I have had very little eye pain and have been able to get on with most day to day stuff.

I'm still waiting for my vision to settle in my right eye. Its great close to but anything more than 3 feet away from me becomes increasingly blurred the further away it is. Watching the TV is a bit hard even with our huge screen! But I can read a news paper again and books so I'm not having to rely on my Kindle with super size text.

The experience of suddenly losing my sight in one eye has taught me a lot and I hope to write about it more on the blog in the coming days. But for now I just wanted to let people know that everything went well and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it stays this way.

Last time I began to notice that something wasn't right on about day 12 after the op so when I get 2 weeks out of the way i will feel a lot better. I'm at day 8 at the moment!

No comments: