Saturday 30 July 2011

Garden July

Pink DahliaRosetomatoesmarjoram and rosemarylemon balm and mintmint flower
petuniasgarden viewFlowers by the shedRoserose closeTomato plants
liliesJacobs ladderDahliaspink and yellow dahliasDahlia and beeDahlia without bee

Garden July, a set on Flickr.

I haven't been able to devote as much time to the garden lately - due to my eye sight not being too good and the weather being lousy for much of July. But the weather has picked up and after my op last Friday I can see more. So I took these pictures earlier in the week as a record of where the garden is now. Since then one of the Lilies has flowered - the pinkish red one called Maru. I'll post pictures of that later.

The garden is just brimming with insects from the bumble bees and hover flies which love the lavender, dahlias and flowering herbs to the ladybirds and there lavae which love keeping the green fly at bay off my roses and tomatoes!

This week I've even seen a few white butterflies which has cheered me up no end. I'd had quite a few very pretty moths including those beautiful pink ones but no butterflies. The insects seem to be attracting more birds now including swifts, house martens and even small sparrow like birds. Being a new development its going to take a while for the birds to realise we are here!

No comments: