Wednesday 15 June 2011

Some good news

I am pleased to say that I do have some good news to report. But first I would like to thank everybody for their kind words and thoughts over the last couple of days.

My consultant got in touch with me yesterday evening, which was a very pleasant surprise. I know how busy consultants are but it was a real relief to hear from him. He is very surprised that this has happened to my eye, it's quite unusual to have the same problem twice. He is however hopeful that there is something that can be done. My appointment to see him is being brought forward, and after he has taken a look at my eye he will be able to decide what action to take. It will probably be more surgery, a similar operation to the one I had before. He is pretty certain that my eye can withstand another operation very soon.

So I am a lot more relieved than I was yesterday. Particularly as the doctor I saw at accident and emergency also spoke to my consultant yesterday, so as well as my report he also knows what the doctor observed on Monday. So it's just a matter of waiting for my new appointment to come through. I will give them a call at the hospital to make sure that the appointment has been rearranged, I'm not leaving anything to chance.

With everything that has happened after my eye surgery, I have forgotten to write on my blog about being an auntie again. My brother and his wife Sarah have had another little girl called Matilda or Tilly. I visited my brother on Sunday and got to see Tilly at eight days old. She is a very sleepy baby apparently sleeping through most of the night. Her three big sisters and big brother are really looking after her. Antonia had dressed Tilly, that morning all in pink! I got to hold her for about half an hour and she just slept, she has dark hair and I think looks like Sarah but sometimes like my brother as well.

No comments: