Thursday 23 June 2011

Just a quick update. On the eye front, there has been little change in my left eye. In fact if anything its got worse. I really can't see anything out of it now, it's like looking through a steamed up mirror or heavily frosted glass. But I have been trying to get on with things. I have to pace myself if using the computer or trying to read anything. I can manage about half an hour but then I begin to get a head ache and my weak right eye just gets too tired. It is getting to the point where I sometimes don't notice that I can't see out of my left eye but in the evenings when I'm tired and particularly if I am trying to use the computer I notice it a lot.

Some good news is that I have an appointment to see my consultant next week so should know more in a weeks time. Hopefully this time next week I'll be letting you all know when I'll be having more surgery. I never thought I'd be so happy at the thought of surgery!

I am getting quite bored though as many of the things I'd usually do to fill my time just aren't feasible at the moment. Travelling is very difficult as I don't feel very confident especially crossing roads, reading of course is difficult, and using the computer. I have made excellent progress with the scarf I'm knitting myself though! I can knit with out looking closely at what I'm doing you see, unless I make a mistake!

One thing I can get on with is sorting out some of the unpacked boxes upstairs so we can get our spare bedrooms sorted out for July when we have parents visiting! I'll post some pictures when we get the rooms sorted. The middle bedroom has a stripy theme!


No comments: