Saturday 26 June 2010

Round up

It's carnival time in Biggleswade which means that the market square has been invaded by a small fair ground. During the day it is rather creepy as you weave your way amongst the lifeless rides and candy floss stalls. I stopped for a coffee at the Surfin Cafe yesterday, my view is pictured below. The "Crazy House" towered over me silently.
Crazy House sums up the last few weeks for me. We have finally sold our flat, we completed on Thursday but the run up to completion was incredibly stressful. The buyer, who had temporarily pulled out of buying a month ago, decided that she did want to buy after all and then didn't seem to understand why her actions had delayed the sale! I was hassled daily to sort out things that solicitors are paid to do! I should have of course refused to sort anything out but I didn't so I worked really hard to make sure we completed on the date the buyer wanted, only for her to call me on the day she took over the flat, to moan about the job the cleaners had done! I don't think she realises that she was very fortunate that I had paid for cleaners to clean the flat at all; most sellers wouldn't bother!

So now that is out of the way it has taken me a little while to calm down from it all and for the relief to sink in. I am now very relieved and will be making a celebratory rhubarb crumble this afternoon.

I've also been working hard on my new business. I delivered training at Kingston University on Monday and facilitated a meeting on Wednesday at the NMC. Next week I start a contract for Inclusion London working on a seminar for the autumn.

I hope to blog about the Biggleswade carnival parade later so watch this space...

No comments: