Saturday 5 June 2010

Hitchin

I've had a fairly quiet week this week. I've been working on a bid for a contract. If I get it I'll let you know. Being self employed is something I am slowly getting used to. I'm certainly not missing the commute in London or the daily 9-5 routine of regular work. The downside is that I do have to work on bids for work which I might not get, and it is harder to plan my finances at this early stage. I think the pros will out weigh the cons though in the long run.

I visited my brother on Wednesday and looked after my nieces and nephew who were on half term holiday. It was a really enjoyable day, hot and sunny so ice creams were consumed! The rest of the week I spent working, and keeping an eye on the black birds nesting in our back garden. Their chicks must have hatched as they are flying back and forth from the nest beaks laden with food.

Today Jason and I went to Hitchin a near by market town. It's bigger than Biggleswade with a market during the week as well as at weekends. It's about 25 years since I went to Hitchin so some things have inevitably changed but much is the same like St Mary's church, pictured above. There are still cobbled streets lined with little whitewashed local shops and cafes as well as a larger high street. Anyway it was a good afternoon out somewhere different

No comments: