Wednesday 14 April 2010

Thank you

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this blog and Facebook who have commented or sent me messages about my last entry "Telling my story." It means so much to me to have everyone's support but also to learn that it has helped and inspired others. I know that I was inspired by reading other stories of survival, recovery and coping strategies. I feel privileged to have such supportive and kind friends.

Thank you again for all your support.

The last week has been a difficult one. We are in the process of selling our flat, we have somewhere lined up to move to but we need to sell our flat. On the morning of my birthday our plans to move were still just a distant but determined desire to move out of London. I know leaving London will help my mental health but we hadn't planned anything. Then an opportunity came up that was too good to turn down.

10 days later we have a "For Sale" sign outside the flat and instead of "resting" as my psychiatrist advised I've been cleaning, cleaning and tidying, dealing with estate agents and HIP energy assessors. Poor Jason has had to work all day and come home to cleaning and me being stressed out like I'm a soldier in a combat zone. If I have something to get on with like preparing to put our home up for sale, I do throw my self into it head first and plan it down to the last littlest detail. Not much fun to be around when I'm like that (but on the bright side, stuff does get done.)

I am trying to be sensible now though and rest like I've been instructed to. So the next couple of months are likely to be very hectic for us, and I'm back at work next week.

I hope that in a few weeks time I can give you all the good news that we are moving but until then it's just fingers crossed until we sell our flat here. Wish us luck!

No comments: