Saturday 6 March 2010

Caunton Beck

I'm up in Doncaster again at the moment visiting my parents. Tomorrow we are going to visit my brother and my nieces and nephew. Today we went to a pub in Nottinghamshire called Caunton Beck. We had a lovely meal there. Although the pub is a "dining pub" it was fairly traditional inside, I liked the fact that it had books in the windowsills, pictured above.

We all had a lovely vegetable and bean soup for starter which was delicious and then I had the chili with salad whilst my parents both had portobello mushroom with Italian cheeses with vegetable.

Instead of a pudding I had a coffee with fudge, mints and chocolates. I didn't actually have the chocolates, Mum and Dad did as I am not having any chocolate until my birthday which happens to fall on Easter Sunday, so I'm saving my chocolate intake for Easter Eggs!
Below is a picture of my Mum and Dad after enjoying their meal.

Here is a photo of me looking rosy cheeked and plump.
Afterward we wanted to go to Hodsock Priory to see the snowdrops, which apparently the place is famed for this time of year, but it was closed due to a private function. Hope the people at the function enjoyed the snow drops!

1 comment:

Margit said...

That sounds so idyllic, sometimes the best pub visits stay in one's memory long after the visit..they have something so comforting and cosy about them.