Friday 27 February 2009

Nairn and cake

Written 6pm Friday 27th Feb

(I am including time of composition in case I am unable to post until a few hours or days later)

Today we had a lazy day of driving, eating and a bit of walking. Firstly we went Bogbain to have an organic breakfast, I had creamy scrambled eggs on toast. The eggs laid by the local free range hens. It was as delicious as it sounds. There was a little shop to look around and I picked up a small gift for Jase.

After stopping off at Starbucks we drove to Nairn and walked along the white sandy beach. I hope to post a pic I took on my mobile. Will post proper pics from my camera when I get home. Nairn beach is very long with sand dunes and lots of soft white sand. There was plenty of drift wood strewn across the beach and dog paw prints criss crossing the sand. We rested a while as the sun came out, something the picture doesn’t show. The view out to sea was one of dark mauve clouds and rain whilst behind us the sun warmed our backs. The only sound was the rush of the waves and the keeling of gulls as I watched a pair of swans glide towards the shore.

We then had tea and cake in the Quay Cafe! Bliss.

No comments: