Sunday 15 February 2009

Long difficult week

I haven't felt much like posting since getting back from Edinburgh. I had to go back to Moorfields Hospital because my contact lens was still hurting. This time the wait was not so long and the waiting room was a lot emptier. I got a new contact lens within 2 days which wasn't bad going and seems to have done the trick.

No sooner had I sorted out my contact lens trouble than work just got ridiculous. Then on Thursday night whilst walking home from work towards the tube station at Oxford Circus some bloke decided it would be amusing to see if he could knock me to the floor from behind. Not sure why or what he was up to but he walked off as if nothing had happened. Luckily Jase was with me so I didn't hit the floor or get hurt badly. My shoulder got hurt badly enough that it hurt for a couple of days afterwards.

What upset me most was that the lad that hit me just didn't seem to register that he had done anything let alone anything wrong. Also not many people around us seemed concerned. I know I was with Jase and people would have seen that but no one seemed concerned about the bloke that hurt me. They just watched him walk off. It was just that London mentality of not getting involved, head down keep walking, keep to yourself.

No comments: