Sunday 28 December 2008

Escape the washing-up weekend!

Christmas seems like a long time ago now and it was only 4 days ago! We had a lovely quiet Christmas just Jase and me. Jase cooked us beautiful 350g fillet steaks fresh from Scotland, I did roast potatoes and parsnips it was delicious! We had a really lazy couple of days watching TV and for me I had fun playing on my new Nintendo DS and listening to my new digital radio!

Yesterday we headed over to the Carlton Mitre Hampton Court Hotel - see my previous entry in November - we arrived mid afternoon to see the Hampton Court ice rink heaving with young skaters. Our hotel room had river views, and was luxuriously large including a complimentary mini bar and decanted spirits, pictured below!
Here is the view from our window at sunset last nightWe had a lovely meal in the restaurant last night, of duck breast in a ginger and red wine sauce. I had a grapefruit and Campari jelly that was delicious.

This morning we went for a walk in Bushey Park hoping to see some deer, we did see some green parakeets who seem to be spreading right across south London now. Jase got some pics of the parakeets so I'll add them later. There were lots of waterfowl on the little lakes. They were rather excitable as there were a lot of children feeding them bread and they were scooting across the water from one flapping bread bag to another.

But before we saw the ducks and swans we were lucky enough to see a large herd of deer. The stag pictured below seemed to be the sentinel keeping an eye on the bikes, dogs and people coming close to his herd. Whilst he watched us warily take pictures two white stags were battling one another clattering their antlers. The picture of the stag below shows him checking our a cyclist who was getting a bit too close for his comfort.
We also saw this funny looking goose - I think it is a goose!
I also liked the look of this tree against the winter morning sky.

We only stayed for about 2 hours in the park as the cold was so bitter my fingers were becoming numb!

No comments: