Saturday 3 November 2012

A day in the life part 5: fireworks & cake!

My last entry of the day. After making the 2 cakes we packed up the lemon drizzle and headed round to Alice & Jon's. We had a lovely dinner there and then went out info the freezing cold night to set off fireworks. Or "do fireworks" as 4 1/2 year old Amelia put it. We had a fabulous time and once the excitement was over we played a time travelling / alternate history card game!

Below you can see some photos of the fire works, the garden chimney fire and my lemon drizzle cake. The other cake pictured is a traditional Scottish ginger bread loaf. It's made to a recipe from Jason's family. It's the first time I've tried it and Jason was really impressed! I was so pleased to do the recipe justice!

I've just finished packing for my trip up to Doncaster tomorrow so I'm done in and ready for bed now!

I'll post the ginger bread loaf recipe ASAP!

No comments: