Friday 28 October 2011

Something more happy - wedding plans and Christmas

Not wanting my blog to be mired in doom and gloom and my general moaning. I thought I'd write a bit about my forth coming wedding and Christmas.

Usually I'm moaning about the shops being full of Christmas produce at this time of year but not this year. Not when I worked out that 3 out of the next 8 weeks to Christmas I'm not going to be available for Christmas preparations! This is because of my wedding and honeymoon!

Wedding
Jason and I are getting married on 11/11/2011 yes at 11 O'Clock. We couldn't resist the date :-) We are having a very small wedding with just our witnesses and their partners at the actual wedding. After the short ceremony we are going to have a nice meal at a local gastro-pub type place. Although our wedding is going to be small I have made sure that a few traditions are kept to:

  • I've ordered a lovely, very natural bouquet of flowers
  • I have a lovely dress, not too formal but special enough for me :-)
  • I am going to have my hair and make up done on the morning 
  • And I have made sure I'll have something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue.
A few days later we are going on honeymoon to Miami for 2 weeks. We'll be in Miami for Thanksgiving which I am really looking forward to. 

It's when we get back from Miami that we are going to get our families together to have small celebration at a local hotel / pub. So I get to wear my wedding dress twice! It means that the next 6 weeks are going to be taken up with wedding stuff and honeymoon. If you include my hen do last weekend my celebrations are spanning over 2 months! 

The down side is that Christmas will be almost upon us when we have our wedding celebration in December! So it won't leave me much time to prepare!

Christmas
So I've been very organised. I've booked my Ocado delivery slot for Christmas :-) I'm making my famous boozy mincemeat this weekend. It's famous to me anyway and it is boozy with both cider and brandy in it! With us getting close to Christmas I thought I'd just remind you of my cherry bun recipe. This cherry bun recipe entry is by a long shot the most popular page on my blog! So if you want to try them for Christmas here's the link back to December 2009.

No comments: