Sunday 13 February 2011

Holiday round up

It's been a week since I've been back from holiday in Dorset, but I had a few more pictures to load on to my blog so here goes. The photos above and below are of Vineyard Cottage where we stayed. You can rent it from the National Trust. From my bedroom window above and the kitchen windows below you can see Corfe castle its self and the sheep grazing on the hill it is on top of. They were rather odd sheep with grey bodies and white heads. When it got to dusk, especially when it was misty the hill looked like it was strewn with floating, white, disembodied sheep heads!

There were plenty of birds around the cottage and in the morning we would put bread out for them. There were a couple of very brave robins who would eat the bread with me standing a few feet from them. I also saw some blue tits and coal tits and collared doves. When my parents were out walking one morning they ran into some roe deer as well.
On our way down to Dorset we stopped at the New Inn in the New Forest. The pub is renowned for its rustic lunches including, ploughman's, pork pies and quiches. My Dad and I opted for the pork pie (award winning themselves) my meal is pictured below with our round of drinks. I have to say it was the nicest pork pie lunch I've ever had.

No comments: