Friday 19 November 2010

knitting, work, house move and CBT

The picture above is of some of the wool I have got at the moment waiting to be knitted into mainly scarves for Christmas presents. I just got some new wool today from Dragon Yarns that is absolutely gorgeous. Pure new wool, eco friendly dyes and untreated. Its beautifully soft and luxurious. I haven't been writing much at the moment on my blog but I will try hard to rectify this. The last 3 weeks have been very busy for me and not just because I have been knitting :-)

Work
After delivering the 2 events for RADAR I was asked to help with an event on the UN convention on human rights of disabled persons and health, which is really exciting. I am also working on an exciting piece of work relating to sustainable careers for disabled people. On top of that I am helping RADAR develop their work with associates and delivering a contract for the London Deanery on their Single Equality Scheme. It really has been non stop. Oh, and I mustn't forget the work for the Met Police which I should have some exciting news about in the next week or two!

Moving House
We still don't have a moving in date for our new house, though the good news is I have been inside our new house! Just over a week ago Jase and I got a tour around our house with the project manager for the site. The house was almost complete and flooring and just needing carpets and a few cosmetic things. It was really thrilling to be inside our new house. I can't wait to move in and have my own office! Of course we are now likely to move just before Christmas so getting the extra furniture we need and things like curtains is going to be a nightmare!

CBT
At last I've had some CBT sessions and they have gone really well so far. I will try and write more about this soon as I want to keep those of you who have been so supportive of my "mental health" journey over the last year, up to date with how I am doing.

So just an update for now but I will try to blog more over the next few weeks up until we move (fingers crossed) Next time we visit the house I'll take some pictures of the empty house it'll be great for us to look back to as we fill it with stuff and make it our own!

No comments: