Monday 18 October 2010

Work, work and Buddhist statues

Yet another apology from me for not blogging often enough. I have just been so busy over the last few weeks with my work for RADAR organising their AGM and debate last week - which was a great success. I'll post when there is more information on it, there will be a blog entry and a report.

At RADAR I'm also helping them organise a very exciting round table event next week looking at the future of disability equality for the next 15 years. Should raise lots of debate so watch this space too for more information.

I'm also working for the Met Police at the moment another important piece of work around involvement of disabled people in the strategic work of the police in London. I will definitely blogging more about this and linking to their website once it all goes live.

On Saturday I was delivering training at the V&A museum for Action for Children, delivering diversity and disability training for their volunteers. It's always really good fun doing this training, the volunteers are always really enthusiastic and engaged. Holding the training at the V&A was a stroke of genius too. To get to the training room I had to walk through the gallery of Buddhist sculpture including the gold statue of Tara above. If you click on Tara it will take you to the V&As website with all the information you need to know about the statue and the photograph. I linked to this on facebook and a couple of my friends really enjoyed looking at the website. It certainly gave me a feeling of peace and serenity before the training. I went back afterwards and spent some time amongst the sculptures which was wonderful.

When I've not been working or looking at Buddhist sculpture I've been doing lots of admin for my business. I had my first meeting with my accountant and he really helped me. I have been doing a lot form filling, registering with tax authorities and filling out spreadsheets but it will all be worth it in the long run!

No comments: