Sunday 31 October 2010

Hallowe'en

It's Hallowe'en tonight and it seems this year the country has gone Hallowe'en happy! Saying that, nothing could compare to how the Japanese celebrate Hallowe'en. The pictures on my blog today are from a year ago in Canal City shopping centre, Hakata. The quality isn't great because it was quite dark but I think it gives you an idea of how the Japanese shopping centre was decorated!

I've been too busy to blog again. I know it's a rubbish excuse but I really have been rushed off my feet for the last couple of weeks.I have been up to the following:

  • Being a good host - Jason's parents visited last weekend and took them to Cambridge last Saturday. It was a lovely sunny day and Cambridge looked lovely.
  • Being a good auntie number 1 - Jason's brother and nieces and nephew visited last Sunday which was lots of fun but kept me busy cooking, taking the kids to the park and trying to be a good auntie!
  • Star gazing - we had a couple of lovely cloudless cold nights last week and I spent some time looking at the stars particularly vega and the other bright stars of the "summer triangle" as well as marvelling at Jupiter's brightness.
  • Event organising - on Thursday it was RADAR's Future of Disability Equality round table discussion, hosted by Holiday Inn and chaired by Baroness Jane Campbell. I helped organise the event for RADAR which sparked some really interesting discussion and actions to take forward. I'll write more when the report is complete and link to it. The event was attended by former Ministers, business leaders and disability activists.
  • Being a good auntie part 2 - I visited my brother and his 4 children on Friday afternoon. I had great fun going to the park with them and Nanook the husky as well as being read to by my niece Lucia who is 6.
  • Reading - I've still not finished Inspector Imanishi Investigates on my Kindle and yet I've also started reading a book on psychology as well!
There has been lots more besides but I shan't bore you with it. Tonight Jase and I are cooking a roast dinner of roast chicken, roast veg, mashed turnip and sweet corn mmmmmmm. So I better go and par boil the tatties.

No comments: