Tuesday 12 January 2010

Dreek

I am in a very grumpy, bad tempered old mood today. i suppose I should just roll with it and let it wash over me. Not quite sure what I'm so hacked off about but the following does not help:

The weather is abysmal, damp, dark, cold, depressing or as the Scots would say dreek
The flat is in dire need of a good spring clean and sort out but I just don't have the motivation to start it

Actually there isn't that much to be grumpy about I just am, it's as simple as that.

The last week has been quiet. The snow lasted a few days but is mostly melted, any that remains is in mucky piles at the side of quiet roads or pavements. It looks disgusting, there is nothing more beautiful than pristine snow and nothing more horrible than dirty, slushy, icy remains of snow, in my humble and grumpy opinion anyway.

I'm due to pop into work tomorrow to discuss returning properly towards the end of this month, this may be adding to my bleak mood but on the other hand I want to get back to some normality as soon as possible.

I start my Educational Recovery arts course thing on Thursday so that should be interesting and lift this bleak, dreek mood I'm in.

No comments: