Sunday 6 July 2008

Rain break

Well it's raining and the men's final at Wimbledon has been suspended, so I have popped some cornish pasties in the oven and I am waiting for them to cook. I've had a lovely week off work Wimbledon was great, I got some good running training in, read a couple of books and had a lovely day out in London with my Mum yesterday. Work looms tomorrow but I am trying not to think about it too much.

I got an email from an old friend from Doncaster (who now lives in Scotland) and that sparked me to ask her about some of the old gang we knew from the YMCA in Doncaster in the early 90s. She was able to let me know about some of the old characters and that really cheered me up. One of our friends who was never seen out of a track suit and spent all her spare time hill walking and being very "outdoorsy" got married in 2004 wearing a white tracksuit and walking boots on top of a hill, that all of the guests, as well as bride and groom, had to hike up! Fantastic! On the London Eye yesterday we met a couple who were returning to the eye a year after getting hitched on top of the wheel. So unusual wedding venues have been a theme this weekend what with the news story about the couple who got married in a Dundee Sainsbury's (one of Jase's friends works there.)

No comments: