Monday 28 July 2008

Glasgow

Jase and I arrived in a humid and hazy Glasgow on Friday night. Our hotel was right next to the exhibition centre and auditorium on the river. Te auditorium has a distinctive shape like an armadillo. But like many river / dockland redevelopments it is a bit of a ghost town when there isn't an exhibition or concert on. We resisted going on an adventure to find a chippy nearer to town and ate at the hotel.

On Saturday we went shopping and Jase managed to upgrade his iPhone and I bought a couple of books. I had completed a 2 and a half mile run that morning in the hotel gym so I was starving and I had crepe with chili beef for lunch. We both decided that next time we would go back to Edinburgh. Not that I don't like Glasgow (I wouldn't dream of speaking for Jase) but I just prefer Edinburgh.

Jase had a haggis supper on Saturday night but the chippy had run out of haggis after Jase' s and they didn't have any sausage or pies or anything that looked appetising so I just had chips. When we got back from eating chips by the river I took the photos from our bedroom window.

It was all very uneventful until Sunday...

No comments: