Friday 30 October 2015

Scary Halloween stories

I've been looking after my nieces over the last two days and they have been telling me scary stories for Halloween.

They told me about trick or treating scary stories and urban myths. When I was young we used to swap stories about how if you went trick or treating and called at a certain house an incredibly scary old lady lived there. She'd give you sweets full of soap or poison. There were also stories about kids being given sweets with blades in them. My eldest niece tells me that now the urban myth is that if you get given a particulate type of lolly it will have drugs in it. The story was quite elaborate with instructions on what stripes on the lolly signified drugs! 

Thankfully the girls know these are just stories but there are also sensible rules to keep safe when trick or treating like going out in big groups supervised by adults and only calling at houses with pumpkins in the front garden. 

We had a lovely 2 days. I brought with me American candy from New York which they loved! 

No comments: