Sunday 25 September 2011

Book review - the Crossing Places

The Crossing Places (Ruth Galloway, #1)The Crossing Places by Elly Griffiths
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Although I did enjoy this book there were a few things that prevented me from really enjoying it. I found the narrative style, a very active, present tense, third person narrative, a bit distracting. I found the style quite unsettling in some parts of the story I couldn't ever quite relax into being swept up in the story. Plus I worked out "who done it" as soon as it was possible to. But I enjoyed the archeological detail which was very interesting though I most of it was familiar from Time Team!

I don't mean this to sound like a dreadful review - I did enjoy the story and the character of Ruth. I will look out the second book as I feel there is potential for a good developing series.

View all my reviews

No comments: